Posts Tagged ‘Distress Inks’

I made this card whilst demonstrating at the weekend. I used a couple of Marianne dies, a Kreaxions die and an       M-Bossabilities folder. I coloured it with distress inks and finished it off with Stickles glitter glue. I think the colours work really well together and had fun pinching and folding the papers to give it dimension. Hope you like it, let me know.

Advertisements

These are the finished art journalling diary pages. I used a punch for the scalloped circles of fairly stiff watercolour type card. It was actually a DIY calendar for 2009 that I failed to have ready for Christmas presents. Whoops! I did the same acrylic paint scrapping technique to create my journalling spots as I did for the background and after punching them out I distress inked them with Blue China & Black Soot distress inks. I cut the letters out with my trusty Cuttlebug, and Sizzix “Bang! Zoom” alphabet. To finish off I used rubber stamps with acrylic paint (wash straight away to get paint off or it sets solid), pigment ink in shades of green and Versafine ink in black and grey. I’m really pleased with how it looks, lovely and grungy and the reflective quality of the acrylic paints gives the pages flashes of light. I’m going to write in a permanent ink on top of the paint, but I think I’ll use a green or blue shade as a black marker will be lost where I have stamped in black. Have a yen to write in a spiral, should I turn the page or swivel in my office chair?

A days teaching today and I was in a creative mood too. Whilst tidying my desk I discovered a stack of half completed ATC’s and had great fun embellishing them. The first one (top left) was created with Touch textile paint by Pebeo and abandoned because I didn’t like the colours. I re-coloured the background with Pro Markers and then I added extra Touch Paint around the edges. The second(top right) was created with Distress inks direct to paper. I then drew on top with a Metallic brush pen, created a flower with a stencil and finished with a pearl in the centre. The third (bottom left) was originally stamped with Touch paint and sprinkled with ultra fine glitter. I resurrected it with Touch in Pearl colours which I applied with the tube and a paint brush.  Last but not least was a gold heat embossed image of a poinsettia which I coloured in with Pro Markers and then adorned with Stickles glitter glue. I didn’t like it so I sanded it down when dry and removed some of the glitter. I added word stamps where appropriate and used Touch black Metal paint with a fine glitter glue nib attached to enhance the wording.